1. Scientists have responded by noting that hungry bears may be congregating (聚集) around human settlements, leading to the illusion (错觉) that populations are ________(high) than they actually are.
2. According to a review of evidence in a medical journal, runners live three years ________(long) than non-runners.
3. While running regularly can’t make you live forever, the review says it is more effective at lengthening life________ walking, cycling or swimming.
4. Even ________(bad), the amount of fast food that people eat goes up.
5. After our plane landed, we went to the hotel. We had made our reservation six months ________(early), but the man at the front desk said there had been a mistake.
6. It might have made it a little ________(hard) for everybody because it meant they had to turn around.
7. The teacher replied, You tasted the water. I tasted the girl. The water was simply the container for an act of kindness and love. Nothing could be________ (sweet).
8. He was very tired after doing this for a whole day, but he felt very happy since the crop did “grow” ________(high).
9. We decided it was time for some action and what ________(good) than to ride on a piece of history!
10. Oranges: Orange trees are more ________decoration; they are a symbol of good fortune and wealth.
hard有两种词性，形容词和副词。根据题干中的make+ n. +adj. 可知，空格处需要填形容词。a little 用在比较级前，加强语气，表程度。
more than 为固定搭配，意为“不仅仅是”。