1. Now it occurred to __________that his farm had much potential and that the death of the cow was a bit of luck.
2. If you are time poor, you need run for only half the time to get the same benefits as other sports, so perhaps we should all give__________ a try.
3. On my recent visit, I held a lively three-month-old twin that had been rejected by __________(it) mother.
4. Last year, my brother and I went to Miami for a vacation. Some of my friends who had been there before said __________was a wonderful holiday destination.
5. “Do you need those glasses for medical reasons?” the teacher asked. The new boy shook his head.” “Then I’d appreciate it if you didn’t wear them in class. I like to look at your eyes when I’m speaking to you.” The new boy looked at the teacher for a few seconds and all the other students wondered what the boy would do. Then he took__________ off, gave a big smile and said “That is cool”.
6. Behind him were other people to whom he was trying to talk, but after some minutes__________ walked away and sat near me, looking annoyed.
7. He got off the bus before me and I felt very happy the rest of the way home. I’m glad I made a choice. It made __________of us feel good.
8. Let’s see if they’ve got__________ one .
9. He asked his teacher, “Sir, the water was awful. Why did you pretend to like__________ ?”
10. She did not hesitate for long: although her father smoked a pipe only once in a while, she knew that this was a present which was bound to please __________.
it occurs to sb. that…某人突然想起来…sb做to的宾语，所以空格处填him。
空格处应填it指代上文提过的跑步。此外，give it a try也是固定用法，表“试一试”。